Today is Mother’s Day and every year for the past 6 years, I have looked forward to this day. Motherhood has been the most tiring, exhausting, frustrating yet wonderful, fulfilling and joyful adventure I have ever taken on. Some days I honestly want to get in the car and run away to some place quiet with a bag full of chocolate but in the end all of the pros outweigh the cons by far.
All across the world today, mothers received flowers, chocolates, and maybe even breakfast in bed or a spa package. However, I realized there may be some moms out there that weren’t celebrated at all today for one reason or another. And for those that were celebrated, while all of the wonderful gifts and extra hugs we received today are appreciated, sometimes we need to know that we’re not alone, that we’re understood and that all we do each day doesn’t go unnoticed.
So in case nobody told you:
- You are an amazing mother
- You are beautiful, even if you feel like a mess most days
- You grew a HUMAN inside of you and that is incredible OR you adopted a child who needed a home and love them as your own is which also incredible
- Your kids love you much more than their words or actions show
- You have the toughest job on this Earth and kill it every day
- You are a great mom if you work outside the home. You are also a great mom if you stay at home
- You function on basically no sleep and that is a superpower men could never posses
- You may feel like nobody notices the little details you take care of each day, but other moms do. And we know how hard you work for your family
- You know your kids better than anyone else. Trust your mom gut
- You can do this! If you’re in a hard season, you can make it!
- Your prayers can move mountains. Pray for your children
- You are not destined to make the same mistakes your mother may have. You decide your own motherhood destiny
- God has equipped you and gifted you the children in your life. Be confident in your ability to raise them
- You are not a failure
- You are not alone
- You are appreciated
- You are enough
We love all of you moms and hope you feel loved and encouraged. If you ever need encouragement or prayer, please don’t hesitate to message us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Every mom deserves to feel supported and loved.