Moms, you have to know that doing this thing called “motherhood” is always great with a friend. You have so many opportunities to meet up with other moms. Sometimes you find a mom you can relate to and other times you don’t. Let’s be real, a playdate is also your chance to find someone you can laugh and swap stories with. I have to admit it can be a little hard finding that friend who understands you as a mom. However, here are a few signs for you to recognize when you have met your mom friend.
You Have a Good Mom Friend If:
- She congratulates you on showering for the first time in 3 days
- You don’t have to clean up the house before she comes by
- She knows you’re only being nice to your kids because you’re out in public
- You both express your desire to eat better, but go out and eat all the junk food without hesitation
- She doesn’t think twice about the shirt you’ve worn for the last 5 days
- Although you never make plans on your “mom” day, you still invite her over because you don’t have to clean up (see #2)
- You talk every day, but mostly through text because actual phone calls take a lot of work and you both have kids
- She doesn’t bat an eye when you start to cry because…hormones
- You both have hobbies that include reading, naps, and Netflix (Okay…maybe only you consider naps as a hobby, but she doesn’t judge you for it)
- If anyone understands why you hid in the closet to eat your favorite snack, it’s her 🙂
If you know someone that fits the criteria listed, congratulations! You have a mom friend and not just any mom friend, she is most likely the friend that will last a life time. Get ready for stomach aches from laughter, tears over coffee, COFFEE, exhausting yet fun playdates, and so much more!